Snort mailing list archives

can't archive alerts in acid

From: James Kelly <macubergeek () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:50:16 -0400

Hi
I followed the instructions in Aidan Carty's pdf
everything installed fine
everything launches
I just have a wee problem with acid.

at the acid console I select a bunch of alerts and go to the bottom and do
archive alerts (copy) move Selected
but I get this error:

------------------error message----------------------------
Added 0 alert(s) to the Alert cache

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 105

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 105

Error connecting to DB : snort_archive@localhost

Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php

= $alert_dbname : MySQL database name where the alerts are stored
= $alert_host : host where the database is stored
= $alert_port : port where the database is stored
= $alert_user : username into the database
= $alert_password : password for the username

--------------my question

is this something I gotta fix and if so how?

note to list admin...I'm subscribed under james.kelly () wap org. I can't seem to change that to this email address....encryption error on web page.