Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort and MySql, Postgresql

From: "Hutchinson, Andrew" <Andrew.Hutchinson () Vanderbilt edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:22:21 -0500

Neither.  The snort.conf file is the file that configures the operating
parameters for snort.  The output lines determine where snort will log
and alert.

http://www.snort.org/docs/faq.html#5.2

You may want to read the documents that come with snort (including
README, USAGE, and README.database), and then read the Snort Users
Manual and the FAQ.  All this can be found at the snort website.

Andrew