Snort mailing list archives

Re: libpcap question?

From: "J. Craig Woods" <drjung () trismegistus net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:51:47 -0500

Jason Costomiris wrote:

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 04:21:51AM -0500, J. Craig Woods wrote:
: Would some kind soul tell me where in the hell
: snort-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm (from the snort.org page) is looking for
: libpcap.so.0.6.2? This is a mandrake distro, and I have libpcap0-0.7.1-2
: and the devel installed. I have setup symlinks in all the usual lib
: directories to no avail. Where, or from what directory, is the little
: piggy doing the search for this file?

That RPM was built against RedHat.  Get the SRPM and rpm --rebuild to suit
your system's lib versions..

--

Yea, I could see that it was built for RedHat but when trying to rebuild
the src rpm, I was getting mysql-devel dependency problems, even though

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX Network/System Administration