Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort over PPPoE

From: WTWork <securitygauntlet () snet net>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:48:21 -0400

You can obviously place the sensor either in front of or behind the Firewall or on both side (diff boxes of course).

Have you tried to run Snort from the command line?
Do you see any errors?
The PPPOE modem turns the Phone line info into Ethernet data. at the point of egress from the modem you can place a sensor/router/switch or what ever blows your skirt away BUT PPPOE has nothing to do with your Snort not starting and staying running.

Good luck

Wayne