Snort mailing list archives

Name that sensor

From: "Tim" <twr () bellsouth net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:29:44 -0700

Hey ppl,

Making progress, I have Snort and Webmin on one box and ACID, Apache and MySQL on another box. Everything is working as
it should be. I would like to be able to name the sensors so that when I look at ACID I would know to what eth1, eth2
and eth3 subnets they belong to.

I have searched the archives and I have found that you can name the sensors within the snort.conf file at the line
'output database' and adding sensor_name=xyzabc. What if you have multiple sensors, how would you add the sensor names?
Does one add multiple lines with the sensor_name=sensor appended on each line?

As always thanks in advance for the input ppl  :-)

Tim -- Mia/Fla
Network Security Student