Snort mailing list archives

Re: Log to remote syslog server and MySql Database

From: Michael Boman <michael () ayeka dyndns org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:46:11 +0800

At 10:59 AM 9/11/2002 -0500, Uhte, Russ wrote:
Hello all!!
I'm running Snort V1.87 on Windows 2000 and logging to MySQL.  I'd like to
be able to log to a remote syslog server as well as my database.  Every time
I start Snort with the -s option, it starts logging to the syslog server,
but quits logging to the MySQL server.  Is anyone aware of a way to make
these to options work together??
Thanks in Advance!!
-Russ

"Command options has precedence over configuration file". Configure syslog() logging in the configuration file instead of using the command option (IIRC there was some issues with syslog and win32.. search the archives).

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--
Michael Boman
Student, Husband, Geek. Not necessary in that order thought.