Snort mailing list archives

RE: encrypted communication

From: "Semerjian, Ohanes" <Semerjian.Ohanes () wcom com au>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:30:38 +0800

Thanks for the reply and the info Roman. The reason behind my question was
that when u log to a central Mysql database then an account and a password
need to be included which impose a security risk even if on switched
network.

I have the option to establish ssh tunnels between all sensors and the Mysql
server but that may affect the performance. Now with Stunnel would SSL
session be permanent or only when there are alert that need to be logged...!

Best Regards

Ohanes Semerjian

PGP kEY
6604 2A46 E64F BEBF A4B7  9D01 9E08 399C 9D45 3254