Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re. MS-SQL, ACID and PHP.

From: "Dhruv Chandra" <dhruvc () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:58:34 -0400

Hi Roman

Thanks for the help.

I still have some questions (Unfortunately I am not the brightest guy in town)

When you say that SNORT and ACID both natively support MS SQL ... & hence don't require any PHP script.... does that mean ACID and/or SNORT don't natively support My-SQL and PGSQL ? Cause if they do then why is it that they require PHP script and MS-SQL doesn't ?

Am I missing something here ?

Also that the links you sent me have complete details for configuring MY-SQL and PGSQL but not for MS-SQL...

Thanks for the help once again.

My last option would be to try and convert MY-SQL PHP script to MS-SQL PHP script ... and then see if I get any lucky :) (Is it possible)

Cheers and have a successful day.

Dhruv