Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort + BB: Ignore BB Activity

From: Dushyanth Harinath <dushy () symonds net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:59:27 +0530

Hi ,

 * <Joseph.Warner () siemens com> wrote from a remote bunker :

Everything seems to work properly with the exception
of the BB server's activity showing up as spp_portscans
in my snort logs.  How do I get this to stop?

use the portscan-ignorehosts preprocessor.

put 'preprocessor portscan-ignorehosts: $IP' into your snort.conf.
Replace $IP with your BB server's IP and then restart snort.

HTH
dushyanth
--
The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in.

http://symonds.net/~dushy