Snort mailing list archives

sanity check

From: Jim Kelly <james.m.kelly () wcom com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 08:05:28 -0400

folks
I just need a little sanity checking here...
I've got a cable modem and a linksys dsl/cable modem behind the cable modem. I've built a snort box with acid and apache...following the entropy instructions.....Yay;-)

I've assigned the snort box an ip of 192.168.1.5 to the eth0 and plugged it into the back of the linksys and designated that address as the dmz host.

Now as I understand it the linksys should expose the snort box to the internet without firewall filtering and I should see some scans from the script kiddies on the internet....

Am I right here? Or...should I put the eth1 into a hub infront of the linksys?
jim kelly
subscribed to the list under email address james.kelly () wap org