Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort 1.9.0beta5

From: "Gray . Brendan" <bgray2 () drc com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:17:46 -0400

Incidentally, I'm trying 1.9.0beta5, and was still having the problem with
my eth0 interface dropping out of promisc mode right after going into
promisc mode.  Only this time I saw an error message in my messages file
complaining of an obsolete (PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET) so I upgraded my libpcap
from 0.6 to 0.7 and now it works ok.

Aug 15 17:24:59 testbox kernel: snort uses obsolete (PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET)

Indidentally, Snortsnarf won't work on the alert file for snort-1.9.  The
format differs.

Brendan