Snort mailing list archives

[ANN] HenWen 1.1.1

From: Nick Zitzmann <nickzman () mac com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:32:40 -0700

HenWen 1.1.1 is out and available on my Web page below.

Or, a direct download URL: http://home.attbi.com/~rickzman/software/HenWen1.1.1.dmg.gz

The MD5 checksum on this release is $B1D6E4655FB3765B75BF9385AE6090BF. Make sure that you use either Hdiutil or Disk Copy to verify the checksum. It won't verify correctly in OpenSSL or other tools.

For those of you who missed my previous announcements: HenWen is a GUI for the Snort network intrusion detection system. HenWen's goal is to make it easy to set up and run Snort. HenWen requires Mac OS X 10.0 or greater for non-PPP connections and 10.1.4 or greater for PPP connections. It should run fine on OS X Server.

This update mainly brings HenWen up to date with recent changes to the Snort rules. In addition, the problem with the snort-log-rotate script sometimes not resetting Snort when it should was fixed, you can now turn off promiscuous packet sniffing, and a few other bugs were fixed. The LetterStick application is greatly improved now; when an error is logged, LetterStick gives you IP addresses, and ports if it wasn't an ICMP attack.

Nick Zitzmann
ICQ: 22305512

Check out my software page: http://homepage.mac.com/nickzman/