Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 1.8.7 windows 2000 MySQL

From: "Roman Danyliw" <roman () danyliw com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:03:33 -0400 (EDT)

There was a bug (which was just fixed in CVS) that caused snort to always use
MS-SQL style SQL (if it was supported) to detect the version number of the DB.
This condition, occured even when another database type was specified for use
(merely having MS-SQL support compiled in was the sufficient condition).

Either grab the latest copy of snort from CVS, or use an existing binary that
has only the database support you want built in.  Since you are only after
Mysql, snort-1.8.7-Win32_MySQL_Flexresp_release.zip is probably all you need.
This version does not fix the bug, but it should not arise in this build.

Roman