Snort mailing list archives

Re: error: "mysql support is not compiled in this copy"

From: Ed Kasky <ed () esson net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:32:23 -0700

I didn't have any line like this in my last install so the answer is no.

How do you configure it if it's as localhost?

var $MYSQLDATABASE <localhost>

??

Ed

At 05:25 AM Tuesday, 8/13/2002, junaidi wrote -=>

Did you define your mysql database in your snort.conf? For example like this.

var $MYSQLDATABASE <host.domainname.com>

and then in your "output_database" in the snort.conf, use that variable that
you created to point to your mysql database.

Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
"If a man harbors any sort of fear, it percolates through all his
thinking, damages his personality, makes him landlord to a
ghost."    - Lloyd Douglas