Snort mailing list archives

Problems logging to syslog

From: Joe Lawson <jlawson () financeware com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 17:20:01 -0400

All:

Perhaps someone can help me with my problem?  I've been happily using an
older version of Snort for long time.  I recently upgraded to Snort Version
1.8.7b121 that is on the silicondefense site.  Of course the rule
sets/snort.conf are now a little different, but that is not my problem.  My
problem is that I no longer seem to be able to syslog to a remote server by
using the
-s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx command line switch.  Up till this upgrade, I've had no
problem running Snort on a W2kPro workstation and having it log to a remote
syslog server.

Has anyone gotten this to work by either using the command line or config
file?  If so, would you help out by flipping me the config settings?

TIA,

Joe