Snort mailing list archives

RE: Clarification of understandings.

From: "LaRose, Dallas" <Dallas_LaRose () s2systems com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 17:32:19 -0500

It sounds like you are trying to minimize hardware.  Technically it can be
done on the same box.  A problem I was having was that when I'd query MySQL
(via ACID), it would hit the processor so hard that snort would start
dropping packets.

My recommendation... log to another low end SQL box.  Keep the snort sensor
doing exactly that... sensing.