Snort mailing list archives

Re: Win2K & Overlapped I/O Issue

From: David Yip <dy () davidyip com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 23:13:14 +0800

The latest WinPcap doesn't support SMP. The solutions:

1. Disable one of the CPU.
2. Try older version of WinPcap AT YOUR OWN RISK, I've been succeeded on a dual PII machine some time ago but I've forgotten the exact version, should be 2.0/2.1 or older.

Actually, I've asked for help from the author of winpcap and confirmed that the above are the only solutions since he doesn't have a SMP machine for testing. I wonder if we can help on testing the SMP version and have a SMP supported version 2.4?