Snort mailing list archives

RE: import historical data into ACID?

From: "Chris Eidem" <ceidem () Dexma com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:56:50 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying out ACID and have got everything working, with the
exception,
since I just installed it I have no data to run any useful
queries. Though I
have a year's worth of Snort logs. Is there any way I can
bring these logs
into the MySQL database so I can run some queries against
data for the last
year?

set up a snort.conf to log to mysql:

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort
host=localhost sensor_name=2
output database: alert, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort
host=localhost sensor_name=2

then go to the directory where your logs are and run this:
for i in `ls snort-*log`; do snort -A none -c
<path/to/snort.conf>snortmysql.conf -dr $i; done

this should fill your database up quite nicely...

 - chris