Snort mailing list archives

Hogwash

From: "Chewie" <Chewie () Chewie net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 21:57:18 -0500

Does anyone know if you can run a snort instance and a Hogwash instance
on the same box if you are using different interfaces for both?  This is
what I want to do...

  ______        ______      ______
 |           |      |  Int     |     |           |
 |  Inet    |      |  Net   |     |  Inet    |
 |______|       |_____ |     |______|
      |                  |                |
      |                  |                |
     Eth2           Eth3          Eth1
                      Linux box

No IP bound to Eth1 Eth2 or Eth3.  Internet comes into a hub with Eth1
and Eth2 hooked up to it.  Eth1 is my Snort instance and Eth2 runs
Hogwash.  Eth 3 goes to my internal switch to allow traffic that has
been cleaned inside.

Anyone see any glaring problems with this?

And the Geeks shall inherit the Earth...