Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snarf will not DNS

From: James Hoagland <hoagland () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:12:52 -0800

At 10:51 AM -0700 4/1/02, james wrote:
#!/bin/sh
perl /usr/bin/james/SnortSnarf-020316.1/snortsnarf.pl -dns
/usr/snort/snortlogs/alert -d /v
ar/www/html/snarf.html

Makes great html, but does not resolve IP to name (once you drill down a few
links on the Snarf page)

Did you use a previous version of SnortSnarf? If so, the first thing I would check would be to make sure that you installed the latest includes (particularly HTMLOutput.pm). Also make sure these includes are the ones being found on the Perl search path, and not an older version of the includes.

If this does not solve your problem, I can dig more.

Good luck,

  Jim

P.s. Also check out the SnortSnarf-users mailing list.
--
|*      Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense      *|
|*            --- Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions ---             *|