Snort mailing list archives

RE: stream4 oddity --- Update

From: Frank Knobbe <FKnobbe () KnobbeITS com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:55:11 -0500

Chris,

I just checked out fresh from CVS the SNORT_1_8 branch, and compiled
under Win32 (sorry, I didn't mention the platform before). As far as
the rule type is concerned, I haven't tested that yet.

However, as soon as I include the stream4 pre-prop, Snort
initializes, and then after about 15-20 secs just quits. It doesn't
crash, it just exists. Without stream4, it seems to run stable
(hasn't existed in the last 1.5 hours).

I'll check on the rule type this afternoon.

Regards,
Frank