Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort on WinXP: driver problem

From: "Naor" <naors () bigfoot com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:23:48 +0200

Thanks for your courageous try, been there, done that and it still
doesn't work!

The 1.8.3 installer installs alright and even starts itself but when I
test it, it gives the openpcap() error.

There isn't much more to detail though, I am using WinXp, the WinDump
identifies my device as device#1 I tried all the numbers created the
snort.conf over and over again, nadda!