Snort mailing list archives

acid-archive-problem

From: "Ed Spick" <es () soas ac uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:24:17 +0100

Hi
I have a problem with archiving of snort alerts logged to mysql running
through acid, hope someone can help ?

my config  :
Acid 0.9.6b20
snort  1.8.3-5
php 4.1.2
mysql 3.23.49a
adodb 172 (also tried 180)
apache 1.3.22
redhat 7

Whenever  I choose an alert and ask to move it to the archive database I get
this fatal error :

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/html/acid/acid_db.inc on line 93

Not sure whether this is a php or an adodb or a mysql problem ?
The archive database is there with the correct permissions and as far as I
have read everything is configured as required by the documentation.
I've searched archives for last year - no-one else seems to have seen this ?
Any help gratefully rceved as I have over 400,000 alerts to archive

Cheers ed spick