Snort mailing list archives

private IP scans

From: "White, Stacy" <SWhite () catfish bbc peachnet edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:30:44 -0400

Hey! I am new here so forgive me if I ask anything dumb right off the bat.

I am getting a lot of scans against my network from private IP ranges. Looks
random, and the IP's are random as well.
I am assuming a stealth scan, maybe NMAP. Anyone else experiencing this, or
know what it is?

Stacy White
swhite () bainbridge edu <mailto:swhite () bainbridge edu>
(please note the change in my email address)

Network Administrator
BAINBRIDGE COLLEGE

229-248-2576
229-243-6421 FAX

"The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are
permitted to remain children all our lives." --  Albert Einstein