Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Questions

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:22:26 -0700

Sandy,

This can be very subjective on what really needs to be omitted. I think
going through and removing what you don't need first, is a good first
step. Then start the procedure of really scrutinizing the remainder of
the rules.

If you are not running IIS then dump the IIS.rules. If you're not
running Cold Fusion, then dump those. Do that on your first round. Then
start the tedious task of removing individual rules that you know you
really don't care about, or need.

There are a couple of things you can do to Improve performance too, if
that is a concern.

-Michael
--
 mailto:michaels () silicondefense com