Snort mailing list archives

Re: OT queries on acid in confusion...

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:09:42 -0700

Jon:

For me: Linux 2.2.14, snort 1.8.4, mysql Ver 11.13 Distrib 3.23.36,
acid-0.9.6b21

I have seen similar weirdnesses, posted questions twice at least, and
received no response.

What I've seen in particular:

1) No obvious sort order to a query, even when the query was run with a
specific sort order invoked;

2) When the sort order *does* work, or when the query results are
sorted in a different order, the sort order is often lost when
emailing either a summary or full details of the query;

3) About 50% of the time, when a query is started via the "Query DB"
button, -> even though all the criteria are valid <- the query will
not take place and I get dumped back out to the query input screen,
with all criteria deleted (it's as though I've asked to start a query
for the first time..)

I like ACID *when it works*, but there do seem to be some inexplicable
oddnesses going on...

- John
--
"You are in a little maze of twisty passages, all different."