Snort mailing list archives

built with mysql, but snort says I didn't

From: <tbasilio () 9three com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:32:22 -0700

I'm using FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE, and am trying to install snort 1.8.6 from
source. I built with mysql like this:

./configure -with-mysql=/usr/local/libexec

MySQL is installed and working, I use it often. When I try to start
snort like this:

# snort

I get the following error:

Log directory = /var/log/snort

Initializing Network Interface rl0
using config file /etc/snort.conf
Initializing Preprocessors!
Initializing Plug-ins!
Initializating Output Plugins!
Parsing Rules file /etc/snort.conf

Initializing rule chains...
No arguments to frag2 directive, setting defaults to:
    Fragment timeout: 60 seconds
    Fragment memory cap: 4194304 bytes
Stream4 config:
    Stateful inspection: ACTIVE
    Session statistics: INACTIVE
    Session timeout: 30 seconds
    Session memory cap: 8388608 bytes
    State alerts: INACTIVE
    Scan alerts: ACTIVE
    Log Flushed Streams: INACTIVE
No arguments to stream4_reassemble, setting defaults:
     Reassemble client: ACTIVE
     Reassemble server: INACTIVE
     Reassemble ports: 21 23 25 53 80 143 110 111 513
     Reassembly alerts: ACTIVE
     Reassembly method: FAVOR_OLD
Back Orifice detection brute force: DISABLED
Using LOCAL time
database: compiled support for ( )
database: configured to use mysql
database: mysql support is not compiled in this copy

 Check your configuration file to be sure you did not mis-spell "mysql".
 If you did not, you will need to reconfigure and recompile ensuring
that
 you have set the correct options to the configure script. Type
 "./configure --help" to see options for the configure script.

Fatal Error, Quitting..

I have tried rebuilding snort, always using the mysql flag for the
configure, but I get the same error. After three builds, I attempted to
use the previous version 1.8.5, and I get the same error. My snort.conf
is configured with most the defaults, but with MY network information
and the output plugin set up for mysql.

Anyone have some ideas?