Snort mailing list archives

RE: OT: IP Blocks by country/region?

From: Tom Sevy <tsevy () epx com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:18:39 -0400

We are thinking of blocking certain country source IP ranges.

I agree that there is risk in this.

Has anyone attempted to take the recommended block list from dshield.org and
make an alert rule so that when traffic arrives from one of the nets listed
it generates a message?

See http://feeds.dshield.org/block.txt