Snort mailing list archives

Snort and the Windows Family...

From: Benoit Clarembeau <bclarembeau () mail be>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 20:18:31 +0200 (GMT+02:00)

Hi all,

Here is my problem: I have installed Snort 1.8.2 (running under Windows 2000 Server) + Winpcap 2.2 + Mysql + PHP + acid
as described on Silicon Defense Website. I have exactly followed all the instructions. I have 3 PC's plugged into a hub:

-------------------------------
|           HUB               |
Snort        PC1         PC2

Snort can just see the packets if he's the IP source or destination, not the traffic between PC1 and PC2... It's
strange because I have no problem with another little network with the same configuration, but in this one Snort is
running under Windows XP... Where is the problem? What can I do? I can't find what is bad with this config...

Thanks for your help.

Benoit Clarembeau