Snort mailing list archives

Re: Which rules to use for snort ?

From: matt <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 16:02:51 -0400

If you go to the whitehats site you will notice that while it is up and running, it has not changed in content since November of 2001. Until they start updating and running normally again I would suggest that you consider the vision rulesets to be OBSOLETE and present available as an archive for reference purposes only. ie: their vulnerability database may not be up to date, but their vulnerability descriptions are still an excellent resource to refer to.

(note: it may be a while before they start running normally with regular updates again. I don't know the details, but based on what little I know I would be a surprised to see it up and running normally again this year. Not to say it can't happen, and I really hope that they get going soon as it's a great site, but based on my somewhat uninformed opinions of the situation I would be surprised.)