Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort-stable-snapshot.tar.gz & snort-daily.tar.gz

From: James Hoagland <hoagland () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 09:11:40 -0700

At 9:30 AM -0600 5/31/02, Slighter, Tim wrote:
Have been experiencing strange anomalies with these new builds where the configure --enable-flexresp works fine as does the "make" and "make install". However, there have been peculiar errors with snortsnarf being able to parse the alert and portscan.log files. The errors that happen pertain to Time::JulianDate and somehow or another the perl script strips the source and destination IP from the output. I have ran "make distclean" and re-compiled with and without the --enable-flexresp and always come with up with this same behavior. Sometimes during the un-tar of these files it generates errors about future dates for certain files being off. Anyone else seen this or found a work-around ? As a result of these strange errors, have been forced to regress back to the stable 1.86 version.

If you are getting a complaint about Time::JulianDate then you probably didn't install the 'include' files that come with SnortSnarf in some place that snortsnarf.pl will find them when run.

Regards,

  Jim
--
|*      Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense      *|
|*            --- Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions ---             *|