Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ignore ICMP ping

From: Joe McAlerney <joey () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:26:54 -0700

Just FYI, aside from pass rules you can use SnortSnarf's -Xsid=<sid>
option to exclude any alerts by their sid number.

-Joe M.

--
Joe McAlerney
Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions

Math wrote:

Hello, i just wanna know if there is anyway to block ICMP PING from a
computer. I find how to ignore some tcp/udp ping by the preprocessor
command in Snort.conf, but can i just but another line to disable some
server ICMP PING activity to be put in my alert log?
A little help would be appreciate here if anybody got answer ... I use
SnortSnarf and i dont wanna see those ping in my stats, so must block in
snort...

thx math
Comp. Ing. ULaval