Snort mailing list archives

AW: barnyard over TCP

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 19:10:29 +0200

Maybe this workaround may help:

Let barnyard log to syslog and configure syslogd to log to your central
syslogd. Not as good as with a barnyard output plugin but should work.

HTH,
Sandro

Michael Anderson wrote:
Does barnyard support logging over TCP?  If I have
 > a central location I want alerts from multiple
sensors to go, can barnyard send the alerts to this
 > central location?  I know I can log to a remote mysql
 > database but is there any other remote capabilities in
 > barnyard?

Barnyard does not currently have an output plugin that
accomplishes what
you are asking for.

-A