Snort mailing list archives

Re: shellcode error

From: matt <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:59:13 -0400

Yeah, and the latest snort rules tarball should also include a snort.conf containing a SHELLCODE_PORTS variable.. put that in your snort.conf and it should work fine.

Don't assume that the baseline snort.conf is unchanged when updating your rule sets, it is VERY common for it to have new variables used by the new ruleset.