Snort mailing list archives

RE: SSL CodeRed et al

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 28 May 2002 13:38:04 -0500

I doubt that it's CodeRed running over SSL. More like is that script
kiddies are running their exploit tools (for Unicode, MDAC, etc) over an
SSL session to evade capture by IDS.

As pointed out already, check your logs.

Oh, you said: "The developer is claiming that the problem is CodeRed or
Nimda attacking on the SSL port." Well? Do the developer mean that they
have not secured the box against it? And if they did, CodeRed would not
cause any harm. Sounds like they are just full of it.

Regards,
Frank