Snort mailing list archives

RE: Cron Script

From: "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon () eadvancemed com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:57:51 -0400

If it works from your shell, then it should work fine in cron.  There really isn't any programming to it.  Just create
a script, which really only entails creating a text file that contains the script, placing it in your sbin or desired
location, and setting chmod 755. The create the crontab for the user that's running the script:

crontab -u [user]

And edit it:

crontab -u [user] -e

The above steps can be combined.  Then edit the crontab, calling the script that you created and specifying how often
you want it to run.  For details on this see "man cron".

Cheers

Keith