Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Log Despoofer

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:40:15 -0400

Glenn Larsson <ichinin () swipnet se> writes:

Hi Scot.

Do note; It's beta, i've only tried it in my Home network so even i
can't tell with 100% accuracy how it will behave, even though it
just read the Alert file and send ICMP_Echo to the hosts; Hence the
warning - Do not use the program in a production environment.

Anyways, i've been thinking about releasing the sourcecode, if i
decide to release it it'll probably be on My page or Sourceforge. It
won't happen today though - maby Saturday/Sunday.

Just as a note, ATTACK RESPONSES is designed to show whats coming from
your network and so measuring the internal TTL is showing how your
routes have changed.

Comparing TTL after the fact and a differences could ( would likely ) mean
routing changes.

TCP rules are nearly impossible to spoof when using the stateful
inspection stream4 capabilities in conjunction with

config stateful

in your config file.

Cheers,
Chris