Snort mailing list archives

Re: DOS MSDTC attempt false positive

From: Roberto Suarez Soto <robe () alfa21 com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:25:12 +0200

On May/09, Kenny D wrote:

I was thinking of writing a pass rule to ignore
alerts where source port is 80 and destination port
1023.

        I've simply added a pass rule for connections from 80 on a external
host to 3372 on some of the local hosts (i.e., the web proxy). It works, and I
don't think I'm being much more vulnerable by ignoring these connections.
Besides, the 3372 is closed on the firewall by default, so that's another
reason to be sure about that :-)

--
Roberto Suarez Soto                                     Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe () alfa21 com                               http://www.alfa21.com