Snort mailing list archives

Re: HP Printing

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:02:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Dan Fiorito wrote:

Has anyone ever attempted to capture data from a client to a print
server? I need to search for some key words if possible.
Is there anyway to convert PCL gobble gook!

Find out the ports in use.  One should be random, one should be static.  Then
see what 'session: printable'[0] might give you.

I'd guess it's going to use a lpd system, so check port 515/tcp.

Good luck!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy