Snort mailing list archives

Proper Method and/or Place to Declare HTTP_SERVERS port?

From: "Vadim Pushkin" <wiskbroom () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 20:07:48 +0000

I am using port 8180 versus port 80. I would prefer not messing around with all of the rules files. I've noticed that the rules files themselves specify port 80, but my servers are listening on port 8180. Is there a way to change this in the snort.conf file? I've tried setting:

preprocessor http_decode: 8180 -unicode -cginull

but I still get alarms for hosts possibly port scanning my HTTP_SERVERS.

Thank you

Vadim