Snort mailing list archives

RE: Automating Snort on W2k using WinAt

From: "Sylar, John" <JSylar () erac com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 06:48:27 -0500

Get yourself a copy of the Resource Kit and find SrvAny, or surf out for a
copy of FireDaemon. Use either to set Snort up as a Service with your
command line switches as start options.
Afterwards, create two batch files, start.bat and stop.bat or whatever. One
should have the command "net stop snort", and the other "net start snort".
Schedule those in AT.
Sam