Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort SNMP Variables are not consistent?

From: "larosa, vjay" <larosa_vjay () emc com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:57:43 -0400

Yep, this is still a problem. I have a half a$$ workaround with netcool
becuase it does not
use mibs. You have to write your own reciever code to break up the traps in
to variables,
but since I upgraded from 1.8.5 to 1.8.6 the variables have yet again
shifted around on me.
I am just finishing up my netcool code cleanup now. It would be very nice if
the SNMP trap code would be consistent when sending traps so we knew what
would be in which var each time traps
were sent.

vjl