Snort mailing list archives

Re: Portscan.log utility

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Steve Rudolph wrote:

Does anyone have a portscan.log utility so I can see what Ips are scanning
and which ports they are scanning?

Other than 'tail -f portscan.log'?  ;-)  Not that I know of...

You could dump them into ACID, but there's no packet info.

One thing that's useful in that case is the 'root-tail' program.  Have it do
the tail -f in your X window root.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams