Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fragroute binaries for WindowsNT/2000 (Off- Topic)

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 30 Apr 2002 17:40:32 -0500

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 15:03, Hever C. Rocha - N.O.C wrote:
Does anybody know where I can find fragroute binaries for WindowsNT/2000?
I tried to compile on the Windows 2000 (with GCC for windows)  but I didn't
obtain success.

I don't think that's ready yet. Back in February when Dug emailed me
about it, it was still in beta. If you don't see a link for an
executable on his web site, then it either means it's not ready yet, or
you need to hack the source yourself.

I had ported fragrouter (with the r) some time ago, but with mixed
success. The performance sucked big time and I believe some options
didn't work at all because of the wonderful Windows IP stack. Even if
you use WinPCap/LibnetNT to read/create your own packets, Windows does
interfere with the packets (Dug had described it as Windows sending
RST's to the peer in response to SYN-ACK coming in to fragroute). In
other words, even if you manage to compile, put it through some very
thorough testing as chances a good that it's broken.

Regards,
Frank