Snort mailing list archives

Captured data length < Ethernet header length!

From: "Mark Anderson" <cronus () whitedust net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:14:06 -0000

I asked this question on the list a few days ago but
got no response. If I fail to get a response this time
I'll drop the subject. But I'm running snort version
1.8.1-RELEASE (Build 74) and its repeatedly
sending the following line to my /var/log/messages;

snort: Captured data length < Ethernet header length! (0 bytes)

I'd appreciate any help understanding what this means,
detemining the source of these odd packets and (dare
I say) a possible solution.

Thanks,

Mark Anderson.