Snort mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: "Guillaume" <guillaume () anteria fr>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:25:08 +0100 (CET)

Dans son précédent message deepak  aggarwal écrivait :

hello sir,
Myself deepak.I m student of M.C.A. in india.
I want to install snort on my system for practical purpose.
We have a LAN of 5 computers.. And we have Redhat 7.0 on our system. So
tell me which version will suite us most.

Just take a look at www.snort.org in the download section for the most up-
to-date version of snort.... :-)

Also i have downloaded some files from snort.org.
These r .tar and . rpm extension..
But i am unable to extract these files.
So please also give some tips on tar and rpm commands..

Well...

For the RPM packages, run : rpm --install --verbose snort_package_name.rpm
If that fails for dependencies reasons, you should have an output saying
which packages are missing, so you'll be able to install its.

For the tar archive installation, it is a little more complex...

Just one question: are you familiar enough with GNU/Linux/Unix Server
Administration ?
If you are more familiar with Windows OS like NT or 2000, try to install
your snort on that platforms instead...

Regards,

Guillaume

[ Sent with SquirrelMail -  http://www.squirrelmail.org     ]