Snort mailing list archives

Rule set for specific service...!!

From: kamesh_rajaram () sify com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:22:39 +0600 (IST)

Snort & Demarc :
==============
They monitor a web server & a database server. What kind of rules should be used to make it work effectively, by not
giving unwanted/irrelevant alerts. The standard rule set has all kinds of alerts. I want it to be only for the above
mentioned services. For example: TFTP rules need not bother my NIDS. It will be waste of time and a overhead for my
monitor. I just need an optimized rule set for my purpose. Is there anything available like that...?? Tell me a
normal/standard solution, if any, to this. Or how do i do it..??

Bye,
Kamesh.