Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Logging

From: Saad Kadhi <bsdguy () docisland org>
Date: 26 Jan 2002 00:38:47 +0100

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 23:17, g00ru wrote:
Hello I am new to snort and just set up snort and also the database
logging portion of it, and set my output plugin to log to mysql. My
question is does snort just log to mysql, or does it log to mysql and
the default log directory?
it depends on your snort.conf. If you have only one line starting w/
output then it logs only to mysql. It will log portscans to the log
directory you specified if you have sth like:
preprocessor portscan: $HOME_NET 4 3 portscan.log

--
/Saad --  [bsdguy () docisland org]
[pgp keyid: 35592A6D http://pgp.mit.edu]