Snort mailing list archives

Re: hmm...nimda RICHED20.DLL alarms

From: Roberto Suarez Soto <robe () alfa21 com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:39:24 +0100

On Jan/22, fluid wrote:

i am getting some of these every day from work (seemingly when users are
running Office applications). It is the same set of machines every
day...always attacking the same destination server. scans of the server are
picking up nothing with any antivirus package i find, and the same is true
of the workstations.

        I've seen these too. They seem to appear in inofensive and
well-checked networks. I've seen a few nimda .nws and nimda .eml alerts too,
from the same hosts that the RICHED20.DLL came; they all have been checked for
virus, and none was found.

        So, if someone knows something about this, I'm pretty much interested
too :-)

--
Roberto Suarez Soto                                     Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe () alfa21 com                               http://www.alfa21.com