Snort mailing list archives

Adding Snort Rules....!!!

From: kamesh_rajaram () sify com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:42:36 +0500 (IST)

Hi Snort & Demarc Users..!!
      While installing the DEMARC client i had this problem:
I did this in my shell...

# demarcd -I

It asked me for some details....During that time, i did not download the rules set. So, i am not able to view my rules
files in the configure option of DEMARC console. Also, to update rules, i found an option in Snort FAQ. It said abt
some snortpp program in the contrib directory. I couldnt see anything like that. I just want to know what i should do
in order to add the rule set to my sensor so that it becomes functional.....

Bye,
Kamesh.